Friday, March 8, 2013

Moving Forward with ePubs

After a long and eventful day at school, I am now attending a video conference on ePubs in the Classroom. The presenter is Keith Schroeder, a LMS in upper Wisconsin. This is an area that I have been wanting to explore more but really have not had the opportunity. Well here we go. Keith has provided so many resources for the variety of ways to create ePubs. I had originally thought that I would create my first ePub in iAuthor. Keith suggested that I begin with Pages instead. His reasoning was the ability for my students to access and download it easier, as opposed to having to upload from iAuthor where anyone has access.
After watching his presentation, I am thinking WOW this is pretty easy, why have I not started this earlier. I am going to begin my ePub adventure by creating a new format with our Early Janesville unit. The booklet that we currently use is boring, drab, black & white, and leaves very little in the way of interest for the kids.  So I am taking it upon myself to bring this unti into the 21st Century!  Looking forward to sharing it when it is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment